Data Warehouse Services
Installation & Setup Services
Datagaps Agile BI Development Methodology
Methodology : Phase 1
The goal of Phase 1 is to come up with a high level design for Data Warehouse. Some of the key deliverables for Phase 1 are well defined Report Catalog, High Level Designs for the reporting Subject Areas, Data Mapping and Logical Data Model:
- Analysis: Gather key business questions, KPIs in a report catalog.
- High Level Design: Create high level design for Reports, Subject Areas, Data Model and Data Mapping.
- Release Planning: Prioritize reports and create user story backlog for all work.
Methodology : Phase 2
ETL Validator makes it easy to test most common ETL testing scenarios by providing out-of-the-box support. Comes with an inbuilt Query Builder.
- Low Level Design: OLAP Data Model Design (star schemas), ETL Mapping Design (source to target data mapping designs with transformation logic) and Report Design.
- Development & Testing: Development of ETL and Reports in sprints using Agile Methodology. Automated Testing using Continuous Integration.
- Operations & Maintenance: Setup development, testing, UAT and Production environments. Automate deployments.
Methodology : Roles
We recommend organizing the teams into scrums and development be done in sprints as per the agile methodology.
- Customer Roles: Key roles such as Product Owner, Project Manager and Business Analyst are with the Customer so that they have a sense of ownership of the application.
- Datagaps Roles: Design, Development and Testing roles such as Team Lead/Tech Lead, ETL Developer, Report Development and QA Analyst can be augmented by Datagaps.