Data Warehouse Testing
Modern Data Warehouse Testing Scenario
Challenges in Data Warehouse Testing
- Data Warehouse testing involves comparing of large volumes of data typically millions of records.
- Data that needs to be compared can be in heterogeneous data sources such as databases, flat files etc.
- Data is often transformed which might require complex SQL queries for comparing the data.
- Data Warehouse testing is very much dependent on the availability of test data with different test scenarios.
- BI tools such as OBIEE, Cognos, Business Objects and Tableau generate reports on the fly based on a metadata model. Testing various combinations of attributes and measures can be a huge challenge.
- The volume of the reports and the data can also make it very challenging to test these reports for regression, stress and functionality.
Data Warehouse Testing Categories
A Data-centric testing approach for ETL and BI Testing.
Tools for Data Warehouse Testing Automation
Our products empower complete data warehouse testing automation.
ETL Validator comes with an inbuilt ETL engine capable of extracting and comparing millions of records from multiple data sources while executing test cases in parallel. ETL Validator connects to a wide variety of data sources. Including Snowflake, we are constantly adding support for many modern data sources.
The most comprehensive Functional, Regression, Performance and Stress Testing tool for Business Intelligence Platforms such as Tableau, OBIEE, Business Objects and Cognos.