Test Automation for Power BI Testing
The most comprehensive testing automation solution for Microsoft Power BI Testing.
Visual Data Validation
DAX Query Validation
Row-Level Security (RLS)
Enables Continuous Integration for BI
By automating the BI Regression and Performance testing, BI Validator enables Continuous Integration for Business Intelligence application development.
- Integrates with Jenkins: BI Validator provides a command line interface for kicking of Test Plans. Customers have used this interface to execute tests automatically from Jenkins.
- Email Notifications: Key stakeholders are automatically notified by email.
- Web Reporting: BI Validator comes with out-of-the-box web reporting. Queries can be executed on the BI Validator repository for additional reporting.
Compare Report Data & UI
- Report UI & data Testing: Baseline and compare reports to automatically identify data and UI differences.
- Filters & Parameters Testing: BI Validator automatically retrieves Filters and Parameters making it easy to test the list of values displayed in a filter as well as applying them before running the reports.
- PDF & Image Comparison: BI Validator compares PDF exports and Image snapshots of the BI dashboard and highlights the differences intuitively.
Automated Regression Testing
Upgrade with peace by comparing Power BI dashboard performance before and after the upgrade.
- Performance testing: BI Validator automates performance testing of Power BI dashboards by accurately measuring the time taken by Power BI bootstrap requests and tab-switch events. BI Validator further simplifies the performance recording.
- Stress testing: The performance of the Power BI reports under concurrent user load can be tested using the stress test plan. Stress testing can be very helpful when adding new users or upgrading to a version of Power BI.
Perform End-to-end Power BI testing
BI Validator helps automate the comparison of report data with database query output thus enabling end-to-end testing of Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Compare Report to SQL Query output: Connect to any ODBC enabled data source and compare Power BI visual data with SQL Query output from the ODBC data source.
- BI Tool Migration testing: BI Validator makes it simple to compare the data between reports from different BI tools.
- Compare Summary to Detail report data: Compare aggregate metrics in a summary report with data in a detail report.